Are you looking for how to apply for INEC Election Observers Recruitment then this article is for you with all the necessary information.
The 1999 Federal Republic of Nigeria Constitution created the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) with the responsibility of conducting elections for Nigeria’s various political positions.
Job Title: Observer
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is inviting everyone who is interested, which includes those who are registered Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) as well as other organizations whose work is focused on governance, democracy and elections to observe the election in 2023. They will be held in the following manner:
- Visit (http://observergroups.inecnigeria.org) and fill out the application before the 25th of February 2023 for the Presidential and National Assembly, and the 11th of March for the Governorship and States House of Assembly. Any previous communication between the Commission is not affected by this.
- The sole method for application is the filling out an application on the form prescribed (EC 14A (1)).
- As a result observation groups that are interested in participating should fill out their EC14A (1) request form, and upload it online, along with other documentation required (including proof of previous elections observation).
- In particular, observers must be aware of the online application should include all the necessary information, such as a legal status and evidence of registration with the INEC Civil Society Desk in Abuja.
- The falsification of any documents submitted could cause immediate disqualification as well as the possibility of legal action.
- The list of organizations accredited as observers which had a successful application will be released on the Commission’s website as well as in the national press.
- The successful group will be required to fill out an online Deployment of Observers document (EC 14A (ii)).
- Successful Observer groups also need to take note that passport images that are in JPEG formats of the members who are to be taken to field should be prepared according to the basis of an Area Council basis and shall be uploaded along with the application form (EC 14A (ii)). This is to enable the Commission to produce identification/accreditation tags for individual field observers.
- Before they can obtain their accreditation certificates, all selected observation groups must sign an indemnity form that is provided to them by the Commission.
Notes On Election Observation Exercise
Watchers should take note of the fundamental principle of observation of elections as defined in pertinent UN, AU, and ECOWAS protocols and treaties and INEC guidelines for Election observation (2008) that include the principles of impartiality, objectivity and non-partisanship must determine the conduct of observers during the elections. In addition, any observer group found to violate the principles of impartiality, objective and non-partisanship should be disqualified from participation in future elections observation.
- As per the current conditions in the country accredited observer groups are required to adhere to all regulations and protocols on COVID-19 that were issued from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC Presidential Task Force ), including INEC guidelines on COVID-19 . This includes the use with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) like hand and face masks and hand sanitisers and also maintain social distancing of all members of the group that are operating within the polling booth during Election Day.
- Details of COVID-19 Protocols as it relates to the election are available at (www.inecnigeria.org), Please be guided accordingly.
How To Apply
Groups or Candidates who are interested and qualified (Observer) must:
Here to download
Deadline:14th October 2022.
You can Apply For Quick Loan Using These Loan Apps
These loan apps are only for urgent loan for personal needs, they are all genuine loan apps