ThumbMoni Loan is an online lending company that is new in the game of granting personal loans to Nigeria without documents.
Thumbmoni advertises itself as offering loans in Nigeria without interest.
This claim is false, as Thumbmoni charges processing fees and other hidden costs before they can approve you for a loan.
ThumbMoni, a Nigerian mobile loan platform, offers professional and secure ways to borrow money and solve urgent financial problems. It starts at N2000 and can go up to NGN500000. Online access to collateral-free loan products is possible.
This app, which is relatively new in the lending business, has been downloaded just over 10k times on the Google Play store. It uses a loan program to collect information about potential customers, including phone records, bank transaction alerts, BVN, and BVN to help build credit scores for each borrower.
You will be able to get a loan or more if you keep accurate bank transaction messages and have no outstanding loans.
It’s easy to apply. Just download the app from the Google Play store and provide some information about you. The algorithm will analyze your data, calculate your credit score, and offer you a loan within a few hours.
Table of Contents
How to download APK and receive a loan through the ThumbMoni app
- Install the Thumbmoni Loan App only available on Google Playstore.
- Register with your phone number to create an account
- For verification, you should use the phone number associated with your BVN.
- Please fill in your Kwow-your customer KYC information. This includes your residential address and next of kin details.
- Your Biometric verification number BVN will also be requested.
- To bind your ATM card with your account, you will be charged N30. This will increase your chances of getting a higher loan amount.
- To confirm your details, a one-time OTP password will be sent to you.
- After you submit your loan application, the software will evaluate your credit score. The final result will appear in the APP.
- You should see the result in less than 2 minutes. If you are eligible for a loan the amount will be transferred directly to your bank account.
- You will need to take clear selfies for identification.
Your BVN is tied to your credit score. If you have outstanding loans with other lenders or have not paid other lenders on time, your application will be denied.
This app allows you to access your phone contacts, SMS, and other information that it uses to improve your credit score.
Is ThumbMoni a legit loan app or a scam?
ThumbMoni Loan App is legitimate and offers loans to customers, but at extremely high-interest rates, especially for first-time borrowers. They charge interest and processing fees for every loan. Before you apply for a loan, make sure to read the reviews of other customers.
These loan applications are not registered with the CBN or any other government agency in Nigeria. They are responsible for your transactions and you cannot seek redress for bad customer service.
Its availability on the Google Play store does not guarantee that transactions made on it are secure. You are responsible for your security when using loan apps in Nigeria through the play store.
How can ThumbMoni’s loan app help?
The ThumbMoni loan application contains many coding mistakes. You might have paid your loan late and still see that your in-app dashboard isn’t cleared. If this happens, keep your proofs of repayment handy to avoid late fees.
These coding mistakes can also cause problems in registration. Some customers complain that OTPs sent to their phones are late or cannot bind their ATM cards to accounts.
Most first-time borrowers don’t receive more than N5000 to repay N8000 in 14 days. The term is too short and interest rates are ridiculous. The app claims to offer a revolving credit with a higher amount and a longer term, but there’s no guarantee that you will be approved.
Most of these apps are loan sharks and may threaten to send you messages calling your family members a fraudster if you default on your payment. If you have other options, it is better to avoid these apps.
ThumbMoni interest rate?
The loan term can be extended from 91 days up to 365.
The loan amount range is N5000-N500,000
The total interest range for loans is 2% to 244. Monthly interest ranges from 1% to 2.2%, and APR from 12% to 244.
Example Interest Calculation:
You can borrow 100,000, with a loan term of 365 days. The total interest you would have to repay would be 100,000 x 20% = 22,000
You will have to repay the principal plus interest equal to 100,000 + 20,000 = 120,000.
The interest that you must repay each month is 100,000 x 20 / 12 = 1,667
Your monthly payment is, therefore (100,000 plus 20,000)/12 = 10,000
As an example, the interest rate and tenure are lower if you borrow for the first time. By keeping good records and repaying the loan on time, you can increase your amount.
What are the requirements?
- You can be a Nigerian citizen or legal Resident.
- At least 18 years of age
- A monthly income source.
- Attach your ATM card to the account
- Give details about two of your closest relatives, including their telephone numbers.
- You have a high credit score and no outstanding loans from any other lenders.
- Maintain active Nigerian bank accounts
- Your BVN must have your phone number.
What happens if I fail to repay my loan on time?
Late loan repayments are subject to a 2% daily fee. Therefore, it is important to adhere to the due date. You will be able to get larger loans if you repay the loan on time. You will not be eligible to receive larger loans or any other loan products if you make late repayments. You will be reported to First Central Credit Bureau if you are late with your payments. The First Central Credit Bureau could blacklist you, which may impact your ability to borrow money from other lenders.
ThumbMoni loan app customer service number
- Address: 10089, Iba Town Rd, Ojo, Lagos, Nigeria
- Email: customerservice@Thumbmoni.com