Today’s post will cover everything you need about the Branch Loan App in Kenya. The Branch App is something I have used for years and I love the mobile app.
Let me show you.
- What is a branch loan?
- How do I download the Branch loan app
- Limits of the real branch
- How to obtain a Branch loan
- How to Repay Branch
- Contact information for Branch customers and final details
- If there are any branch loans available for iPhone users.
Table of Contents
What is Branch Loan App?
Branch International offers a mobile loan lender, the Branch Loan App, to those who reside in Kenya, Nigeria and India.
The Kenyan market was introduced to the loan app in 2015. It heavily relied upon Safaricom M-Pesa for its loans to thousands of users.
Branch now has over 10 million installs on Google Play and has partnered up with key players like VISA to offer mobile loans to its customers.
This article will be about the Branch loan app in Kenya. I will also cover all aspects of this mobile lender.
Download the app for branch loans
To get a branch loan, you will need to download the Branch App from Google Play Store. Branch loan APKs found on other websites should not be used as they could contain viruses that can harm your phone’s security.
To get the Branch Loan App downloaded to your smartphone, follow these steps:
- Visit the Google Play Store
- Find Branch Loans
- Branch International recommends that you see the one referred to as “Branch – Personal Finance App”.
- Click on Install (You must have internet enabled to download).
- It will take approximately 2 minutes to download the app and install it on your phone.
Once the app is installed on your phone let’s move on to the next step. Log on to Branch loan. Answer the following question to get started.
What are the requirements to be eligible for a loan?
All you need to get started with Branch is:
- Smartphone-Either Android, or iPhone
- An active and valid Facebook account
- Safaricom line with M-Pesa and Tigo Pesa accounts in Tanzania, or Vodacom Mpesa.
- Your National ID Number
- The interest rates on loans range from 10% to 27%. The monthly interest rate is between 1% and 21%.
How can I apply for a Branch Loan?
To apply for a loan at Branch, you will need to have the Branch App installed on a smartphone. In the previous section, I explained how to download it.
How to get a branch loan:
Step 1 – Open Branch App on your smartphone.
Step 2 Register your account using your phone number
Step 3 Next, you will need to fill out a short form that should take no more than 30 seconds. The form will ask for your name, date of birth, and country.
Step 4 – Submit the form and they’ll review it within a matter of seconds.
Step 5 – Once you have reviewed and created your account, you will be taken to the loans page. All loan options will be displayed here. If you’re a first-time borrower, this amount is Ksh 1,000
This is how you can get a Branch loan. You can then choose how much you want to borrow. If approved, Branch will transfer the money to your M-Pesa within a matter of minutes.
If you are looking to apply for a Branch loan online, there is no other place than the mobile app.
What is the average time it takes for Branch to process a loan application?
It doesn’t take long to get financing approved, as you can see. It’s quick and easy to apply online for a loan. Within 5 minutes, you should have your loan approved!
After you apply for the loan, they will complete your loan transaction in less than one minute to thirty minutes and send it to M.Pesa.
Branch is faster than traditional lenders like banks and SACCOs.
Branch loan payment
This section will help you pay your branch loans in a few easy steps.
Once you have received your loan, there will be a time when it must be repaid.
You have two options to pay your Branch loan. Below are both:
Here’s how to pay a Branch loan
a. How to pay the Branch loan via M.Pesa
Branch Pay Bill number 998608 is used for this method. You only need to:
- Open Safaricom Sim Toolkit, and select the Mpesa menu
- Select Lipa Na Mpesa
- Next, choose Pay Bill and enter this 998608 for the Pay Bill Number
- For the account number, enter your phone number.
- Select the amount that you wish to repay and then submit.
Once this approval is granted, the Branch will update your account.
b. Pay your loan via the app
The Branch app is a great way to repay your loan. This is a much faster and easier way to repay your loan than M-Pesa.
Open the app to access this option. Your Branch loan balance will then be displayed.
- Select my loan
- Tap to Pay
- Enter a custom amount or select the amount.
- Click to Pay
- M-Pesa will be available on your smartphone.
- Enter your PIN to get started
- You are done.
Limits and terms for branch loans
These are the terms and limits of Branch loans:
- You can get loans amounts ranging from Ksh 250 up to Ksh 75,000
- The APR ranges from 22% to 240%
- The monthly branch interest rate ranges from 18.0% to 20.0%%
- The loan term is between 4 and 52 weeks
All this information was found on the Google Play Store page.
App for iPhone branch loan
Many people wonder if there’s a Branch app that works with iPhones. There is currently no official Branch loan app for iPhones. It is not known when it will be available.
Branch is only available on Android devices. You can’t get Branch if you have an iPhone.
Do you need Branch contacts? This page will provide contact information for Branch customer service contacts.
- You can access their customer service from within the Branch app.
- is the best way to reach Branch international if you prefer email.
- You can also visit their Facebook page.
- You can find the Branch Twitter handle if you’re on Twitter.
Frequently asked questions about branch loan apps
These are some frequently asked questions about the Branch Loan App.
Branch is a good app for loan applications
Branch is a great loan app. It has helped me get easy mobile loans to my smartphone. It is well-reviewed on Google App Store and I am sure many others have also used it.
What is the maximum loan Branch can give?
The loans are available from Ksh 1,000 up to Ksh70,000
What is the average time it takes for a Branch to approve a loan application?
It is quick and, if you’re qualified, they will approve loans within seconds. It is one of the fastest I have seen.
What is the average time it takes for Branch to approve you for a loan?
The loan is processed quickly and can take up to 24 hours to complete. You can reach them if it takes longer.
Branch loan App In Kenya: Conclusion
Branch loan app is a powerful and simple mobile loan app that can help you solve your financial problems in Kenya. Branching out is an option. I’m sure they will not disappoint.
Don’t lose heart if you are unsuccessful in obtaining a loan from the Branch. There are many options available to you, including the following.
These are only a few of the loan apps available in Kenya. If you don’t have a branch app, you can try applying for a loan through them.
I hope you find this information helpful and that I have answered any questions regarding the Branch loan application.
This article contains a lot of useful information. It was fun and useful. If you have any questions, shout.