CreditWise loan app is a Nigerian lending service that gives an easy and efficient option to loan cash online with no collateral.
The app for smartphones allows users to take out loans up to N100,000.00 unsecured.
An unsecured loan is one type of loan that doesn’t require collateral or a down payment to be able to access it. It’s typically short-term with extremely high rates of interest.
If you’re worried about loan applications that contact their customers’ numbers to defame them, this application could be right suitable for you. CreditWise is professional and has friendly employees that do not slander customers when they are in default. It is possible to contact the customer service department to request an extension of time in case you are concerned that you may be unable to repay the credit.
Do not take out an online lending app to finance your daily expenses. These loans can be useful in times of need, but they are quite expensive in comparison to longer-term loans. They must be handled with caution.
CreditWise helps you get a personal loan easily using the information in your phone that includes your personal information to confirm your identity and establish your credit score.
The process of getting a loan in Nigeria through banks and other official sources is long and time-consuming. It requires documents like collateral, which many people do not have. That’s why services like these can be extremely useful, especially in times of need.
Although the app is fairly new, the feedback from customers is positive. The app has been downloaded more than 1k times in the Google Play store but with mixed reviews. The app uses a loan program to collect information from prospective customers such as phone numbers, bank alerts on transactions, and BVN to build the credit score of every borrower.
To be eligible for greater amounts, ensure that you keep good bank transaction information on your mobile and don’t have any outstanding loans with other loan applications!
Table of Contents
How do I download APK and receive a loan from the CreditWise app
- Download the Personal Loan CreditWise app exclusively through the Google PlayStore and install it on your Android phone.
- Make an account by entering your mobile number.
- It is recommended that the number you have linked with your BVN as the one-time password is transmitted to it to verify the account.
- Complete your basic KYC details, which include your address for residence, next of kin, as well as your employment information.
- Additionally, you will be asked to supply the Biometric Verification Number BVN.
- It will cost you N30 to tie an ATM account to the bank account to improve your chances of obtaining more money.
- One-time security code OTP can be sent via your mobile to verify your information.
- Following the submission of an application for a loan, the application will evaluate your credit score. The final results will be displayed in the app.
- The final result should be shown within less than two minutes. If you are eligible for a loan, the amount will be paid to your bank account immediately.
- You should ensure that you’re using an excellent phone that has enough memory as you’ll need to capture a crisp, live selfie to prove your identity.
It is important to note that affixing your ATM card by using N30 doesn’t mean that you’ll be able to be approved for a loan. You still must get a credit score.
The N30 charge to tie the ATM debit card in your checking account is refunded however it can take anywhere between 7 and 12 days for funds to be returned to your banking account.
Your BVN is tied to the credit score you have. So when you’re in the middle of a loan with another lender or did not pay your other lenders on time you can expect to be denied.
A credit score is a summary of previous loans as well as the amount of time you pay cash transactions coming into or out of the bank accounts and other details.
If you download this application, you must agree to allow access to your phone book contacts which can act as your guarantors. SMS for access to your bank transactions, and applications on your phone that check how you’re using other loan applications and other information it utilizes to increase your score on credit.
Is CreditWise the loan app legitimate or fraud?
It is true that the CreditWise loans app an official loan app that offers micro-loans up to over N100,000 to its customers, however, has extremely high rates of interest and bugs that hinder seamless registration. Be cautious before applying for any loan online. Make sure you read the reviews of other customers before applying for an online loan in Nigeria.
You must be aware that these loan applications aren’t licensed or regulated through CBN, CBN, or any other government institution in Nigeria. The responsibility lies with you for the security of your transactions using them, and there’s no remedy for inadequate customer service.
Its availability as a feature on the Google play store doesn’t guarantee that transactions conducted on it will be safe. The store only provides the possibility of downloading and you are accountable for your security when using loan applications in Nigeria.
- Simple and easy registration process.
- It is not a way to denigrate clients when they fall short in the repayment of their loans, unlike other loan applications that operate in Nigeria.
- Students can use this in emergencies.
- It’s legitimate and has been confirmed by the admin that they give loans.
- Online, no collateral is needed.
- A large loan amount, that can reach 100k.
- It takes time to pay loans following approval. Some customers wait for days or weeks before they see an alert.
- The loan’s duration, especially for those who are new to the loan, begins in just 7 days.
- High-interest rates for very small amounts of loans.
- A high rejection percentage.
- The app is only compatible with Android smartphones.
If you are taking out a loan, remember the repayment schedule. If you choose to take 60 days of loan that has two installments of repayment The app could attempt to debit your account automatically at the due date of the first installment. It may also make overdue charges before the expiration date of your 60-day tenure.
You can modify your ATM card’s password to stop auto debit. The app was reported to purposely auto-debit customers, even after they’ve paid through bank transfers.
Since there are no laws in Nigeria and the vast majority of applications are loan sharks they may threaten to send texts to family members of yours calling them scammers when you fail to pay the repayment. Avoid these apps if there are other alternatives.
What do other borrowers are commenting on CreditWise loan application
Akan Ikpe wrote “Registration and payment was flawless. I just want an increase in interest rates and an extended duration the 21-28 days. I highly recommend the application to anyone in need of assistance.”
Kevwe Daniel has written, “Please the money you showed me on the app is different from the money you disbursed to my account why will I pay money I didn’t see ..you were supposed to disburse 19000 n some fraction to pay back 25k nw u credited my acct wit 11k that interest is too much do something about it okay.”
Herry Hills wrote, “This app is very useful and harmful to someone’s bank account they remove #943fromn my account after I blend my ATM card with 30 nairas and the loan was not given to me, am scared of my bank card Now for Christ sake.” Learn more about testimonials from borrowers here.
CreditWise Loan App interest rate
Rate of service for loans: 6 to 24% monthly interest 0.5 percent, and Athe annual percentage rate (APR) for the CreditWise loan is 12%30 percent.
Example: If you take a three-month loan and you borrow NGN20,000, NiceNaira charges an interest rate of 6%, and an interest rate:0.5 percent per month. The APR is 12 percent. If you have 91 days to pay, you require total repayments of NGN21,500.
Be aware that this rate of interest and loan period is only an example. Expect your actual loan amount and duration to be lower however you can make it better by repaying your loan on time and maintaining an excellent credit score.
- Legal citizens or a legal residents of Nigeria
- At minimum 18 years old.
- A monthly source of income.
- Make sure you connect your ATM card to your account
- Please provide the names of the two children’s next of kin including their contact numbers.
- A good credit score and no unpaid loans with other creditors.
- You must have a valid bank account.
- Your phone number must match the same as your BVN.
- Be sure to have a valid government-issued ID card.
CreditWise app customer service number
• Service Hotline: 2348034063318 (9 am – 6 pm (Mon-Fri), Sat-9 am-5 pm)
• Service Email: email@example.com
• Our Office Address: 23a Moleye Street, Alagomeji-Yaba 234-01, Lagos, Nigeria